Mysteria Misc. Maxima is a weekly feature which brings together links on religion and esotericism from around the internet.
- The Secret Gospel of Mark is like the freaking Bermuda Triangle. Timo S. Paananen interviewed Quentin Quesnell, who handled the now-missing document in 1983. Ironically, Paananen’s correspondence with Quesnell mysteriously broke off, so this excerpt is all we have. Damnit, Dan Brown! Where are you when we need you? (Salainen Evankelista)
- Pastafarians have responded to Flying Spaghetti Monster vandalism in Oregon by raising $3000 to help clean-up the defaced church. (KTVZ)
- Between meditating and…well, meditating, trendy Buddhists are planking. Or at least this picture would seem to suggest so. What is planking? It’s a physical balancing maneuver that’s all the rage with kids these days. However, senior monks in Thailand strongly disapprove. (the worst horse)
- Should the Golden Dawn’s Inner Order material be published? Most people in this informal poll say yes. Israel Regardie says, “Pffft, been there, done that.” (Gleamings From the Golden Dawn)
- Mormons are capitalizing on the success of the “Book of Mormon” (the play, not the golden tablets) by launching a massive ad campaign in Times Square. (CNN Belief Blog)
- NBA forward Ron Artest is going full Buddhist and changing his name to Metta World Peace. I suppose that’s because Michael Jordan was already taken. (TSN)
- Finally, ESSWE3 is right around the corner. Egil Asprem has a list of keynote speakers here. (Heterodoxology)
Photo by many highways.